Cadets must meet the following conditions and requirements:
- Between 13 and 20 years of age
- 2.0 GPA or above
- Have no record of serious arrests or convictions
- Maintain good moral character
- Present a written recommendation from a teacher, faith leader or other responsible adult who is not a relative.
- Obtain a medical examination (no serious medical conditions)
- Attend and graduate from the Cadet Academy
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve the community and participate in Cadet activities
United States citizenship is not a requirement to participate in any of the LAPD youth programs.
If you do not meet all of the Cadet Program requirements but are still interested in participating in an youth program with the LAPD, please take the time to explore the other programs offerings to determine which is the best fit for you.